New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
2421 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  08:34:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it only took about two hours of mind numbing frustration to install a rear brake in my NoCom. The mounting hole barely left enough room for the nut, way up underneath there somewhere. And the window cutout didn't leave room for the brake shoes. So, I used a front brake and spaced it higher up. Then, you can't reach the cable clamp or adjust the shoes. Big fun. Luckily, the front is a drum. Chainguards, cranks, chain and it will be ready for testing.

warren
human power expert

4833 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  08:50:17  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just cut a bigger hole in the seat back. :)
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

2373 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  10:03:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thom,
I have no problem with a rear caliper brake. I bonded an aluminum plate on top of the carbon bridge as it was a waek spot to handle the braking load. By raising the caliper brake position with the aluminum plate I was not able to use a ZeroG caliper. Had to install one of them KillerB calipers which have extended brake pad slots.

Also bonded in a carbon tube on the bottom to add some strength to the rear frame.

By now you should know if its not right you chop it up amd make it right. Get with the program dude and make it work

quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Well, it only took about two hours of mind numbing frustration to install a rear brake in my NoCom. The mounting hole barely left enough room for the nut, way up underneath there somewhere. And the window cutout didn't leave room for the brake shoes. So, I used a front brake and spaced it higher up. Then, you can't reach the cable clamp or adjust the shoes. Big fun. Luckily, the front is a drum. Chainguards, cranks, chain and it will be ready for testing.

Edited by - n/a on 07/05/2012 10:03:58
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
2421 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  11:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Warren's universal fix. Cut a hole in the seat!
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

4833 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  13:53:15  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's my universal fix for everything. :) It doesn't fit? Cut a bigger hole!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000