New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

warren
human power expert

4818 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  16:19:32  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Join us for an exciting recumbent and HPV racing weekend!

July 14th Tucker 100 at the Norhbrook, IL Velodrome
http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/racing2012/tucker100-brochure.htm

July 15th at the Kenosha, WI Velodrome
http://www.cheddarchallenge.webs.com

-Warren.

Edited by - warren on 06/28/2012 16:20:38

warren
human power expert

4818 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2012 :  07:43:21  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This weekend I'm getting my bikes ready for racing. I was hoping to have some new NoCom handlebars ready for the NoCom ready for the Northbrook races, but I am now waiting on parts so that probably won't happen. More on that here: http://recumbents.com/wisil/misc/nocom2.htm

I rebuilt the fork on the Cuda-W and replaced the rear tube and it seems serviceable. Now I'm making a front wheel fairing to try to make it faster. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. I don't think I could last 100 laps in the 'liner if the temps are 90+ like they have been. Hopefully Rich, Rick, Dennis, Mike, and some of the college teams will show up and race 'liners too.

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

delcrossv
recumbent guru

Vanuatu
574 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:56:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We'll be there- daughter on the Sunset, son on the Ryan.
Go to Top of Page

revbsg

98 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  12:23:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is the address for hopefully instantaneous results.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AqBSozsxbMoOdDFpaWg1enFuQ1pWLTNXdTd0SmRzVlE&output=html

Unofficial, of course. Keep checking, it will get filled in sometime.

Godspeed,
Pop
Go to Top of Page

delcrossv
recumbent guru

Vanuatu
574 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  07:42:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There'll be both Junior/Male and Junior/Female this year. Don't know if that makes a difference on the spreadsheet (seems Adult women are classed separately)

Edited by - delcrossv on 07/12/2012 07:43:37
Go to Top of Page

neve_r_est
recumbent enthusiast

241 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  12:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dusted the same ol bikes off, rode the lowracer last Thursday and again this Tuesday. Shaved some grams of skin off my calf for effect. Cuda is in shambles, but I haven't monkeyed with anything last minute, so It still goes like it always has. Fitness hasn't been delivered yet and I doubt it makes it in time. See you Saturday.

DG
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2268 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  13:25:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
make your excuses ahead of time, ha ha ha

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
recumbent guru

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  15:38:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mowett is salivating.

quote:
Originally posted by neve_r_est

Dusted the same ol bikes off, rode the lowracer last Thursday and again this Tuesday. Shaved some grams of skin off my calf for effect. Cuda is in shambles, but I haven't monkeyed with anything last minute, so It still goes like it always has. Fitness hasn't been delivered yet and I doubt it makes it in time. See you Saturday.

DG

Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
2410 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  21:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm an old guy, recovering from spine surgery. I hope you guys take it easy on me.
Go to Top of Page

LongJohn
recumbent guru

Netherlands
575 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  23:35:40  Show Profile  Visit LongJohn's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More excuses!
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
2410 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  08:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Quiet Thomas. I'm baiting Warren(don't tell him).
Go to Top of Page

Grasshopper
recumbent guru

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  10:09:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry Thom...It's not going to work. We're on to you man!

quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Quiet Thomas. I'm baiting Warren(don't tell him).

Go to Top of Page

randy
recumbent guru

721 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  17:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations to Mike Mowett on his 48.17 kph effort in the 50-lap race. That's 30mph, right? Of course, this now means I hate you.
Go to Top of Page

Speedbiker
human power expert

USA
2410 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  19:26:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Randy, Mowett's rolling speed was over 30 the whole time and he led the whole race. He is on a different level.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

4818 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  19:29:43  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had fun at the races today. I was very hot and I got cooked in the 100 lap faired race. It was the first time I had the Cuda-W out in 2 years and after I got it going it ran great. I finished in 2nd place after Dennis. Todd Reichert in the U of T Bluenose would have beat me too if he had not crashed twice and broken the BB free of the frame.

Then I raced the 50 lap stock race on my NoCom. I was still cooked and started slow, but I perked up after 20 laps or so. Gary Toy and I had a good sprint to the finish for all the 6th place glory.

Hey Bruce, results look good, but can you add a column for laps completed? Thanks!

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

4818 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  19:39:56  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And the weather did cooperate and we got all of our races in! We just finished the 50 lap race when it stared to pour. After it stopped raining, the 10 lap trike race ran on the wet track for more trike fun. After the results ceremony, the junior class racers got to race their 10 lap race as the track had dried out by then.

-Warren.
Go to Top of Page

Upright Mike
human power expert

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  20:21:13  Show Profile  Visit Upright Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My speedo avg was 30.5 mph at the finish. It was dropping from the 31+ mph I had for the first-half or so. The system credits me with 29.93 mph. I missed the first ever Stock 50-lap 30.0 mph avg by 3 seconds!

Sean had a deraillment at the start, probably from his massive power, and left me free to speed with having to worry about a sprint finish with him, which I know he would have beat me. I quickly lapped the field, doing 32 to 33 mph. Sean, Dennis and Thom latched on. I pulled the whole way, never taking a draft. Then with 16 laps to go, Sean races by me and I was like "holy cow", he's gonna to un-lap himself and win this thing. So I pushed harder, and I caught back up with Sean and Dennis. All of us were looking up at the dark grey sky and a few rain drops came down. We had agreed to stop the race if it started raining. The conditions were perfect because of that cool overcast. Myself, Dennis 29.33 mph and Sean 28.92 mph all finished faster than Sean's previous record of 28.91 mph. Prior to that Glenn Duery had set at record of 28.57 mph battling with Alan on their NoComs back in 2005, in a big stock race that was going to be the first 30 mph stock race in the country. Glenn had just did RAAM that year.

Thom did great for 4th place with a superb 28.1 mph average on his newly reworked NoCom. John Burrell got 5th, also on a M1 lowracer from John Morciglio. He will get even faster as he gets more seat time on the bike.

Edited by - Upright Mike on 07/14/2012 20:54:05
Go to Top of Page

Upright Mike
human power expert

USA
3405 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  20:54:59  Show Profile  Visit Upright Mike's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RECORDS SET TODAY:
1) In the 200-METER SPRINT: Dora Cortez set a new HPRA MASTERS WOMEN'S WORLD RECORD of 15.78 seconds, 28.35 mph.

2) In the 200-METER SPRINT:
Speedbiker Thom Ollinger set a new HPRA MASTERS MEN's WORLD RECORD! of 12.75 seconds, 35.1 mph

The following new TUCKER LAP RACES were set today....
3) Stock 50-lap Race (see above)

4) Streamliner 100-lap Race - Dennis rode at 36.23 mph for 100-laps, beating his old record of 35.99 mph by 0.24 mph and doing it about 15 seconds faster. It would have been interesting to see what Todd Reichert could do had he not crashed. Dennis says he's only been on a lowracer or bent like twice this year! Wow did he do good today!

5) Women 50-lap: Dora (Chris's better half!) did a great battle with Barb Pendergast who returned after 7 years!, doing 23.19 mph, just barely edged Barb by less than tenth of a second. Both broke Barb's old record of 21.51 mph.

6) SuperStock 50-lap: Chris rocked around at 24.26 mph, beating his old record of 22.31 mph. Both runs were done on his Gritter lowracer with tailbox.

Note: Tony Levand was on his way to a new StreetLiner/SuperStreet record before he crashed. He was averaging 29.75 mph, about a mph faster than Tracy Thompson did in a Velomobile.

Edited by - Upright Mike on 07/14/2012 21:18:34
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power supergeek

USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  03:44:31  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
More pics to post:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26437850@N02/sets/72157630583886408/

C:
Tony Levand

Edited by - alevand on 07/15/2012 15:08:36
Go to Top of Page

sean costin
human power supergeek

Lesotho
1976 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  03:58:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to thank Joe Reichert of Amlings Cycle who provided sponsorship for the race. Unfortunately they were not able to attend in person as usual, but with the escalating cost of the track, their sponsorship is crucial to securing this great track for us and your entry fees would have been at least $10.00 more.

Amlings has helped support this event for about the last 8 years. They also support this great website with banner ads.

Please consider Amlings for your bike and accessories purchases. They have a nice online store for those of you outside the Chicago area.

http://amlingscycle.com/

We had competitive events in every class yesterday which made for some of the most exciting racing we have ever had (even in Juniors). It was a great show of athleticism and technology. Again thank you to all the volunteers: Namely- Bruce Gordon, Dora Cortez, Chris Cortez, Warren Beauchamp, Dan Glatch, Dennis Grelk. Thom Ollinger, Andy Costin, and those who did things without me knowing about it. Thank you. This was the smoothest running Tucker ever.

I am very encouraged by number of local rookie racers this year. New racers are absolutely necessary for the continuation and freshness of these events. I know it has to do with this website and the recruitment efforts by our regulars. Keep up the great work.

To those of you who did not make it this year, we hope to see you next year.

Sean Costin

Go to Top of Page

sean costin
human power supergeek

Lesotho
1976 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  04:17:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

The results of the Junior lap race : 1. Jonathan Costin, 2. Cecelia Kowalik 3. Florian Kowalik

For those who missed it, it was very close. Cecelia ( age 9)led up until the final straight. Florian (13?)was in the hunt, but had a chain issue that held him back.

Jonathan started slow and fell way back but claimed as he rode that he was saving his strength. (knowing full well we would be wondering what was up).

Jonathan raced a Pharobike LowFat Lowracer, Cece a Sunset lowracer, Florian a Rans LWB

Sean
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power supergeek

USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  04:19:51  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Looks like nice weather for today's race, sunny, 87F and 5 mph wind.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

sean costin
human power supergeek

Lesotho
1976 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  04:31:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know what is is about this track, but it feels like the measurement is wrong. The lap speeds by calculation are considerably less. My speedo is pretty accurate and I don't know how it is possible that Mike did not get a 30 MPH ave. I followed him nearly the entire race and the slowest he went was probably 29.8 for brief moments. He rode in excess of 34-31 mph for the first 15 laps. I guess it was all the passing, but it makes me wonder who measured this track.

Sean

Go to Top of Page

randy
recumbent guru

721 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  06:56:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those unfaired race photos are telling.
Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power supergeek

USA
1886 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  14:55:08  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The U of Toronto bike converted to MBB during the lap race.

C:
Tony Levand

Edited by - alevand on 07/15/2012 14:57:08
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2268 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  16:01:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That took me 45 seconds to understand, trying to figure out how the conversion worked incorporating the separated downtube...

Sarcasm, ha ha ha!

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000