Chase Officials
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alan Krause
recumbent guru

582 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  12:23:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Safety is our primary concern in the operation of the WHPSC and the greatest safety concern remains the chase vehicles.

Experience has shown that the chase radio system currently in use fails as often as it is successful.

Our proposal is to have a dedicated crew of Chase Officials who ride along in the chase vehicles. The Chase Official's job is to act as an official observer for the run, maintain radio contact and ensure chase vehicle drivers observe the established procedures.

We would like to use the same volunteers the entire week if possible, this needs to be a tight knit group that can communicate effectively between themselves and the rest of the participants and volunteers.

Six volunteers would be the minimum needed, one in each vehicle and one at the start on the ground with a radio. We can expand on this if needed once we see how many people we have to work with.

The best-case scenario is one where the event has it's own fleet of chase vehicles and our chase officials are the drivers.

speedshaper

USA
76 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  16:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yay AL!
Having trained observers and that person stay on the radio if there's a crash or mechanical would be GREAT!
Go to Top of Page

Al Krause
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  12:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wanted to bring this back up to the top, we should have an experienced volunteer to head this group.

Big Al
Go to Top of Page

Al Krause
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  12:39:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
love my sig with this account, Gardner called me that....

Big Al
Go to Top of Page

Alan Krause
recumbent guru

582 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2013 :  10:03:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am adding these officials to our volunteer list.
I would prefer the same 6 the whole week.
we may have a separate radio repeater channel just for chase radio traffic so chase car #1 can talk to chase #6 loud and clear!
contact me directly
a.krause (@) sbcglobal(dot) net
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000