www.recumbents.com - Retitling motor assisted bikes to MaB Bikes
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Save Password
 All Forums
 General Topics
 Retitling motor assisted bikes to MaB Bikes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Public Enemy
recumbent enthusiast

131 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  23:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like you to retitle any power assist thread to a motor assisted bike thread or MaB.

Weather it is an electric or an internal combustion motor for a power assist it is still a motor power assist.

How much pedal and how much motor assist is the issue.

Me thinks the term Motor assisted bicycle is the best way to identify these types of bikes.

So MAB is the best term for this cat of bikes....

Public Enemy

Blue Ridge Biker
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  05:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here ya go:

Go to Top of Page

human power expert

6018 Posts

Posted - 02/29/2012 :  05:40:24  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Kevin,

Sorry, gas motor assisted upright bike discussion is outside of the realm of recumbents.com. There are lots of other forums that discuss those vehicles.

Go to Top of Page

Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  07:36:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No retitling is neccesary, a internal combustion engine is NOT the same thing as an electric motor, the properties of the two motor types are totally different!
Go to Top of Page

recumbent guru

500 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2012 :  15:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The legal term in many countries is moped but not to be confused with an underpowered scooter with pedals. We can take the thread to ecomodder.com if you like.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2017 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000