New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sean costin
human power expert

Lesotho
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  15:47:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I hit this just about as good as I could. 10.81 seconds. Hitting darn near close to 1000W. The Upright track record is 11.08 seconds by Bill Clay who was a world cup winner, Olympian and national Champion. I don't feel so old today.

Edited by - sean costin on 07/11/2011 04:12:06

alevand
human power expert

USA
3946 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2011 :  16:48:59  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
191 RPM!

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

sean costin
human power expert

Lesotho
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  04:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tony,
First of all, Where were you?

I'm still learning this software and I discovered that I had 2 second sampling and smoothing on. I went back and went to no sampling and smoothing and found a spike in rpm and a drop in watts. I had a chain skip under heavy load. I also had 2 magnets on my crank arm, but since they were right next to each other and the wattage drop indicates a slip- this is the cause.

I'll post a non smoothing graph later.

I love this power meter. It was painfully expensive, but I'm really seeing the value of it.

Sean

Go to Top of Page

alevand
human power expert

USA
3946 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2011 :  05:26:00  Show Profile  Visit alevand's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would have liked to have gone Sean, but I was in Elgin meeting with my contractor who is rehabbing the house so I can sell or rent it by August 1st. Second is I don't have a raceable bike, though I did get the steering straightened out on it late yesterday afternoon so I could ride it around the block, no gear or brakes yet. The plan was to get it done by May. Thirdly is my knee has been giving me problems, which seems to me chronic, since it happens every time I over exert it. Fourthly, its my sister's birthday today, and I agreed months ago before checking the race schedule to have a party today. Yes, I know I need to get my priorities straight.

C:
Tony Levand
Go to Top of Page

sean costin
human power expert

Lesotho
2007 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  04:36:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the non-smoothed graph.
I've always wondered if changing a gear during a 200m will screw up your time. I was not able to hold the cadence I was running about 1/2 of the way through the traps and the timing of my pedal stroke was getting off, so I went to a higher gear. while I lost a moment of power in the shift, my torque came back to the same level for the the next few seconds and the speed stayed up there, so I think it worked out OK. It probably would have been better to make the shift a little earlier.

Go to Top of Page

warren
human power expert

USA
6753 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  06:12:07  Show Profile  Visit warren's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Cool! Sean puts out more power than a horse!
Go to Top of Page

Larry Lem
human power expert

South Sandwich Islands
2543 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2011 :  07:49:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks like the timed portion was from 1.02 to 1.22 km.

Last two shifts at .95 and 1.08 km

And you were doing 15 kph before getting 1 kilometer to build up speed before entering the timed portion.

Larry Lem
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
www.recumbents.com © 2019 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000