www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 WHPSC (Battle Mountain)
 2012 builds - Any body Started?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dreamer Posted - 11/18/2011 : 18:07:38
Mike and James are still scheming on a tandem and I'm still reviewing design information learned at this years event and deciding how to modify the Spavari plug.

Only 9 months to go? Has anyone started building?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean costin Posted - 09/15/2012 : 10:07:47
One final image for this thread which has essentially been my building page. This is my power tap reading for Thursday night which I broke 70mph for the first time. We came to the realization that If I could gain more speed very early in the course and build with relatively low watts, I could rest a little and get my breathing under control before the big push at 1 mile to go. At the road inflection at 2.5 miles to the finish, I put it in a higher gear and pedalled my rpms's up from there. Having power data was extremely helpful at improving our speed and optimizing our power usage on the course so that we had an improvement nearly every run.

Ultimately we built a world class streamlined bike out of a production lowracer with modifications to the BB to make the bike narrow. We demonstrated an efficient fabrication process that minimizes build time without compromising quality. Key features are Datum mounts with funnel shaped locating pins, Flat wrap wind shield,latex knee pops,Quick mounting release and tensioned front fairing mount.

Our team developed rather naturally and it grew out of specific tasks required and areas of expertise. This could not have been done without this combined effort.

This bike has superb all around characteristics for a streamliner and I'm looking forward to racing it for many years.

sean costin Posted - 09/12/2012 : 22:52:06
The Swift is the PC name.
Jackrabbit Jimmy Posted - 09/12/2012 : 10:04:51
Sean

As skeptical as I was about the knee popping through the fairing on your new streamliner, I have to say that you have proved me wrong and the bike is performing well. You built the bike in short order as well. My only criticism, which I feel is justified, is the name of the bike. Your builds in the past sported such colourful names such as the Crashomatic 5000, Little Eddy and the Monkey Paw, that the name Swift, just doesn't cut it in my opinion.

Jackrabbit Jimmy
jdub Posted - 09/09/2012 : 12:53:32
Big learning curve for some. Maybe not a good idea to ride a streamliner on open roads, dicing with huge trucks!

...got the T-shirt
JMvD Posted - 09/09/2012 : 07:26:38
quote:
Originally posted by jnyyz

is that Chinese restaurant still in business?

http://jnyyz.wordpress.com/category/hpv/

Yes it is but unfortunately it is closed on saturdays so whe had to go to the mexican.

See you soon

Cheers,

JM- very glad that the Chinese restaurant is still in town -
Jan v S Posted - 09/09/2012 : 00:33:18
nice bike Aure!!

Wish I was there, just to watch all the bikes. Lots of different shapes in all the bikes this year. Lots of diferent ideas behind all the bikes. I'm curious what ideas will stay over the next years.

good luck everyone at BM and have fun.
Runxner Posted - 09/08/2012 : 20:19:29
quote:
Originally posted by LongJohn
Bringing the bike doesn't even leave room for clean underwear, let alone a warmupbike.

quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

I got ya covered, Thomas.

Covered for underwear or a warm up bike?

Team Low-Life
Lowracer Test Pilot/Evangelist
Adelaide, Australia
Auré Posted - 09/08/2012 : 14:40:47

jnyyz Posted - 09/08/2012 : 06:52:25
The U of T team is enroute.

http://jnyyz.wordpress.com/2012/09/08/bm2012-last-minute-preparations/

delcrossv Posted - 09/07/2012 : 18:25:34
quote:
Originally posted by sean costin

This photo taken a few hours ago after high build primer applied. Do you think I'm cutting it close or what.Rendezvous with Ollinger and Mowett in La Salle Peru, IL in early AM.

Looking just like the computer model

Now that's COOL!
sean costin Posted - 09/07/2012 : 17:23:36

This photo taken a few hours ago after high build primer applied. Do you think I'm cutting it close or what.Rendezvous with Ollinger and Mowett in La Salle Peru, IL in early AM.

Looking just like the computer model

jnyyz Posted - 09/06/2012 : 07:41:47
quote:
Originally posted by bowi

Jan bos and I are already at the Super 8. :)
(from 3 september)

The team will arrive today.

is that Chinese restaurant still in business?

Upright Mike Posted - 09/06/2012 : 06:38:28
I HOPE NO ONE IS FLYING LUFTHANSA TOMORROW~!

Travel Alert

Lufthansa German Airlines cabin crew may stage a 24-hour strike throughout Germany on Friday, 7 September. The nationwide strike is set to run from 0000-2400 CET (2200-2200 GMT).

Travelers that are booked on Lufthansa Airlines are advised to:
•Contact the airline directly to find out if their scheduled flight has been cancelled or will take off as scheduled
Travelers requiring immediate travel
Speedbiker Posted - 09/05/2012 : 12:57:26
I got ya covered, Thomas.

The other Thomas
LongJohn Posted - 09/05/2012 : 10:36:20
Mike,

Bringing the bike doesn't even leave room for clean underwear, let alone a warmupbike.
I've send Thom an email, had a DF and a LR.....
Nocom should work..... ;-)

The other Thom
bowi Posted - 09/05/2012 : 07:05:04
Jan bos and I are already at the Super 8. :)
(from 3 september)

The team will arrive today.
Upright Mike Posted - 09/05/2012 : 04:52:24
Team Cygnus - you guys bringing warmup bikes?
I know Thomas asked if anyone state-side could bring warm-up bikes for you. I might be bringing a "too-small" M1 lowracer and upright bike out there, unless you guys want to try my also "too-small" Challenge lowracer which is currently in pieces.
JMvD Posted - 09/04/2012 : 22:34:53
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Lem

Sebastiaan is in Vegas, Aure is in Oakland, Claudia is in San Francisco, and Dave is somewhere in Texas.

Larry Lem

And team Cygnus is still in the Netherlands, but almost ready for departure. I hope our pickup will be ready for us at SFO. Last year it took 2 hours to convince the renting company that a sedan is not a pickup!

Cheers,

JM - looking forward to the HyDrive -
Larry Lem Posted - 09/04/2012 : 21:50:12
Sebastiaan is in Vegas, Aure is in Oakland, Claudia is in San Francisco, and Dave is somewhere in Texas.

Larry Lem
legslarry Posted - 09/04/2012 : 19:00:13
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Wills
ake good pictures, OK? And invest in some sunscreen...

The pictures taken en route are mostly a Rubbish as I've been on Interstates most of the time. Also the camera keeps getting condensation on the lens after coming from an air-conditioned room and sitting in the back of a convertible when it's between 80 and 105 deg. F outside.

I've got sunscreen but it doesn't make it any cooler. Amarillo this afternoon was also 103 degrees but it's less humid than the lowlands so more tolerable.

Dave Larrington
http://www.legslarry.beerdrinkers.co.uk/
=============================
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
Speedbiker Posted - 09/03/2012 : 22:07:04
Sean's liner is done WAY too soon! No good!
Dreamer Posted - 09/03/2012 : 21:39:12
Successful road test of the new wheels and forks on the Firefly this weekend. Handles well on the skinny tires at 50+ mph.
Jeff Wills Posted - 09/03/2012 : 20:59:14
quote:
Originally posted by legslarry

Apropos nothing much at all I am now en route and sunburned in Mobile, AL. Apparently it's going to be in the 90s most of the week, which is more than my pink English skin can cope with.

Congratulations, Dave. You chased the hurricane away.

I'm not going to make it. The OHPV contingent is taking care of business at Coventry Cycle Works since Marilyn is injured, and I'm not going to drive it solo. I last about 2 1/2 hours before falling asleep.

Take good pictures, OK? And invest in some sunscreen...

warren Posted - 09/03/2012 : 14:55:47
I met Sean at the velodrome for Top Secret (everything on the Internet is Top Secret, right?) speedbike testing this morning. His bike is pretty darn close to done, which is good as he need to hand it off to Thom on Saturday. He and his neighbor spent a lot of time doing bodywork over the long weekend it it should be nice and smooth by the end of the week. His knees only "pop" up an inch or so above the fairing shell. And the latex covers seem to be pretty stable in the wind at 35MPH. We put some tufts behind the knee pops and Sean says they stayed straight.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5ICEyKuVqw

-Warren.
Larry Lem Posted - 09/03/2012 : 13:29:42
And the 2-month old baby that fits inside probably can't make more than 25 W for 7 minutes.

Larry Lem

www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000