www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 HPV Racing
 Colavita/Zipp time trial series

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Speedbiker Posted - 03/21/2012 : 07:34:25
The first race of the series is this sunday. About one race a month. As I have said before, these are exciting, well run events with lots of prizes and great competition. And they are very bent friendly. http://www.midwesttimetrial.com/tt_calendar.html
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Speedbiker Posted - 03/31/2012 : 20:31:01
I never heard of that place, but thank you Google! If I wear one of my kilts maybe I can endear myself to them.
Grasshopper Posted - 03/31/2012 : 09:18:29
Hey Thom,

you get the girls from The Tilted Kilt and I'm there.

Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Speedbiker

Notice the finishline arch in the background. Next race is the unveiling of a presentation trailer with a fold down stage, TdF style. We are pushing for podium girls, but the promoter's wife is protesting. I heard they were from Hooters. Woooo.

Speedbiker Posted - 03/31/2012 : 08:15:27
Notice the finishline arch in the background. Next race is the unveiling of a presentation trailer with a fold down stage, TdF style. We are pushing for podium girls, but the promoter's wife is protesting. I heard they were from Hooters. Woooo.
DuncanWatson Posted - 03/30/2012 : 18:10:27
I love that picture. Wonderful.
Upright Mike Posted - 03/30/2012 : 15:29:05
Photo from last Sunday
Colavita-Zipp Casstown TT Recumbent/HPV Winners
9.19 mile TT Casstown, Ohio

1) Mike Mowett, 21:16 = 25.9 mph, Morciglio M1 lowracer recumbent
2) Thom Ollinger, 22:53 = 24.1 mph, Ollinger Nirvana lowracer recumbent
3) Tom Davis, 25;48 = 21.37 mph, Recumbent w tailbox

Speedbiker Posted - 03/26/2012 : 07:58:12
Typical first race disorganization. We'll do better next time. Many of the pros talked of having already raced alot in southern states. I have noticed that they don't get much faster through the season. Mike and myself will get much faster. Payback time!

The next tt is the same sunday as Indy. It is a ten miler with 200 feet ot climbing. Three miles uphill, four miles flat, three miles of screaming downhill. Very fun. A few years ago I coasted 43 mph in the decent.
Upright Mike Posted - 03/25/2012 : 20:44:41
Thom, I'm glad I came down for the TT. It was amazing how big the TT's are in Ohio. As Thom pointed out we were beaten some very fast guys, many of them older and fitter than we. My list of excuses...
1) I was late to the start (thom said it made no difference as it was chip timing). note to self: Bad idea to use bathroom just before the start.
2) My loose fitting thermal top flapped in the wind, robbing precious time - I had planned to take it off before the start.
3) I couldn't clip in, after rolling off the line trying like five times to clip in. I had just changed my cleat too. (Never change stuff before a race)
4) the wind was strong enough to cause me to back off power after doing a long stretch over 30 mph and going sideways across the road.
5) I was tired after driving 3 hours waking up at 4 am to get there.

Ahhh - anyways I'm happy with the result. Next time i hope to hammer hard!
tim_turner Posted - 03/25/2012 : 18:49:23
nice. A bit jealous. wow, 171 people! crazy.
We had over 100 on the local TT a couple weeks ago. Too cold to do that one :)
Funny, how I'm thinking "early season fitness", too... but here somehow, the season is 1/3 over somehow. Our State TT's are in June (?). pretty much everything ends just as the weather starts to actually get good. bizarre.

T
Speedbiker Posted - 03/25/2012 : 17:53:15
Also, notice that despite an excellent early season speed of almost 26mph, Mike placed 22nd. If you couldn't average about 28mph, you weren't going to place near the front. There were a handful of guys under 20 minutes. The winner, Jeremy Grimm, was riding a tt bike for the first time, ever! He was riding a brand new, poorly assembled tt bike. Needless to say it wasn't his first race. He rides for an elite team. We saw amazing performances for this early in the year. We had fun joking around with the fast guys.. Heck, a couple gals beat me! I gots some work to do!
Speedbiker Posted - 03/25/2012 : 17:36:00
Today, Mike Mowett and myself did battle against the legion of df racers. We did well, but were overwhelmed by their superior numbers and early season fitness. As it was an odd distance, so I will quote place and approximate speed. In a race of 9.1 miles and 171(!) starters, Mike placed 22nd(25.69mph) and I finished 57th(23.8mph). The rolling uphill, headwind conditions for the first half made achieving a good average tough, despite averaging about 30mph on the 2nd half. We look forward to the second round.
Speedbiker Posted - 03/23/2012 : 19:51:15
Looks like good weather and a nine mile loop course. Hopefully a minute head start will keep Mike from passing me(doubtful). I hope to see Hannon and maybe a few more bents. You don't have to be fast to race, you just have to show up.
Upright Mike Posted - 03/23/2012 : 08:31:16
It looks like good weather for the Sunday TT! mid 60's Farenheit, partly cloudy, no rain. (Rain should pass through tonight/tomorrow)

Perfect weather for a TT in March or any other month!

BTW: The next two TT's on the Colavita/Zzip schedule will conflict with HPRA events, so if you want to do a TT before the big Showdown in August, this is one of the best opportunities.

www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000