www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Technical / Bike Building
 Chopper recumbent

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warren Posted - 09/29/2010 : 20:11:24
I really like how some of those chopper bikes look, with the swoopy tubing and the giganto tires. I really haven't seen any recumbent versions of those though. So... Here's a new project in the planning stages:

http://www.recumbents.com/wisil/chopper/

-Warren.
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
warren Posted - 11/15/2014 : 19:41:13
It's snowing outside so it must be building season. No new bikes for me this year, I have too many. I can still tweak the ones I have though, right? Apparently I am too used to cushy recumbent seats and I can't deal with normal bike saddles. Because of this I am adding a recumbent seat to the Chopper bike. More later...
Jeff Wills Posted - 02/25/2014 : 20:16:45
quote:
Originally posted by Malimaako

Those are Finnish bikes/bikers.

They could be from Antarctica for all I care. Those are some badass bikes.

Malimaako Posted - 02/25/2014 : 08:39:05
Those are finnish bikes/bikers.
warren Posted - 02/23/2014 : 16:54:09
Nice, where is that?
Ivo.M Posted - 02/23/2014 : 13:13:11
Just for kicks, Warren, how d´you like this?

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g432/JiriVasara/CruiseBox/NCIS%202013/2013-06-22153108_zps71af1d83.jpg
Speedbiker Posted - 01/06/2014 : 10:19:22
Cool! Better put a snow tire on it!
warren Posted - 01/06/2014 : 08:37:44
I rode the chopper bike a few times last year. Part of the problem is that the battery is getting old and doesn't have the range it used to, part of the issue is that I still don't like the seat.
This year if I have time, I'd like to build a new "gas tank" battery box (with new batteries!). This will really clean up the lines. Also I'd like to add a Sun EZ-1 recumbent seat, and change the handlebars.

Here's a mockup of what it could look like.

-Warren.
warren Posted - 12/09/2012 : 12:14:22
To attach the seat back I need to build another bracket. I have built Soooo many brackets over the years. I took a look in the box of short tubes & small brackets and found all these brackets. One of these surely has to be the correct size, right?

Well yes and no. One was the right size but used metric hardware and I have been using 1/4x20 cap heat screws on my clamps for this bike.

Here's the seat back mounted on the bike, I'll take another picture when I have weather / daylight cooperation.

It officially has recumbent seat now, albeit a minimalistic one.

-Warren.
Speedbiker Posted - 11/21/2012 : 22:38:20
Please notice the "HP" in WHPSC. Feel free to set up you electric assist, partially human powered event in Texas.
OpusthePoet Posted - 11/21/2012 : 19:37:07
quote:
Originally posted by warren

Larry - I have another motor just sitting around waiting for a project. It's a small RC motor that will crank out about 3000 watts. I could easily mount it in the rear section of the Cuda - W, along with about 5 amp-hours of LiPo battery. The simulator says it would take 90 seconds and 2.5 miles to reach the peak velocity of 118 MPH. Can I do it? Can I?

Actually I would like to see something like an e-assist class at the WHPSC, split into 2 sub-classes. There should be a Federal class where no pedaling is required but assist ends above 20 MPH, and a Texas class where as long as pedaling is required to get assist (pedelec or hard-geared into the drive train) assist can come in at any speed (limited by posted speed limits in TX). To keep things under control force the e-bikes to be self-launching.

Opus

My gas is up to $0.99 a burrito, $5.99 for premium and I'm only getting 10 miles to the regular burrito. Dang $0.99 burritos are smaller now.
Jeff Wills Posted - 11/21/2012 : 17:25:52
quote:
Originally posted by warren

I ordered a new seat, the Electra Dirty Flame Bucket Seat. It has flames on it.

I suppose now you could get sponsored by Preparation H...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It7107ELQvY

Speedbiker Posted - 11/21/2012 : 17:07:51
Needs some fringe.
warren Posted - 11/21/2012 : 09:27:21
The Dirty Bucket seat arrived yesterday and I had to take it for a test ride. It is much more comfy than the Planet Bike "comfort" seat I was using before, and has a bit more attitude.

Larry - I have another motor just sitting around waiting for a project. It's a small RC motor that will crank out about 3000 watts. I could easily mount it in the rear section of the Cuda - W, along with about 5 amp-hours of LiPo battery. The simulator says it would take 90 seconds and 2.5 miles to reach the peak velocity of 118 MPH. Can I do it? Can I?
Larry Lem Posted - 11/20/2012 : 20:18:55
Can you adapt the Cuda-W fairing around it? Don't tell anyone that it has an electric motor until the awards dinner at the WHPSC 2013.

Larry Lem
warren Posted - 11/20/2012 : 20:09:57
I ordered a new seat, the Electra Dirty Flame Bucket Seat. It has flames on it. I also ordered a seat back pad, so it will really be a recumbent now. Sort of.

-Warren.

warren Posted - 11/13/2012 : 09:47:59
All part of the master plan, Larry. The aquarium bike will have to wait until after I have started my Really Big Recumbent Company (TM).
Larry Lem Posted - 11/13/2012 : 06:54:04
Then where does the aquarium fit?

Larry Lem
warren Posted - 11/13/2012 : 06:32:23
That box is for batteries. This is an e-assist bike.
tank Posted - 11/13/2012 : 06:11:29
warren

What is the box for in the picture taken outside?
Speedbiker Posted - 11/12/2012 : 10:56:23
Nice! Just in time for a snow tire on the back.
warren Posted - 11/12/2012 : 10:08:51
It's all back together now and appears to still handle well. Took a better picture of the bike outside

-Warren.
warren Posted - 10/28/2012 : 16:09:10
I finished the brazing, cleaned it up, painted it and reinstalled the fork and handlebars. It does look much better.
The obligatory test ride went well, I think that low speed handling is better now. We'll see about the high speed handling once the electric parts are reinstalled.

-Warren.
warren Posted - 10/24/2012 : 16:59:03
Garrie says we all speak different languages.

Google says "All Gaul is divided into three parts, one of which the Belgae inhabit, the Aquitani another, and a third who in their own language are called Celts, in ours Gauls. These all in language, customs and laws differ from each other".
Garrie L Hill Posted - 10/24/2012 : 16:43:46
Gallia est omnis divisa in partes tres, quarum unam incolunt Belgae, aliam Aquitani, tertiam qui ipsorum lingua Celtae, nostra Galli appellantur. Hi omnes lingua, institutis, legibus inter se differunt.

On the whole, I'd rather be in Philadelphia.............

Garrie "carbon based lifeform" Hill
HPRA Co-Dictator of the East
for pics of some of my time and money sucking projects
http://garriehill.winkflash.com/
and
http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g277/cfbb/
and videos
http://vimeo.com/5513519

warren Posted - 10/24/2012 : 14:15:58
Ah Jim you do have an eclectic taste in music.

I on the other hand am more traditional and I must confess I am completely ignorant of Neo anything music. Corvus corax is Latin for "Raven", and that is why I chose it. I thought Raven was a good name (cuz itz black), but that was already overused.

-Warren.

www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000