www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
www.recumbents.com
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 www.recumbents.com
 Electric Recumbents
 Electric Bike Ride Across USA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warren Posted - 04/17/2010 : 09:45:10
Dave Werkley writes:
I am a member of the "Green Riders" We are traveling across the country from Palo Alto Ca. to Washington DC on electric bikes. ( 2 of our bikes are recumbents) The purpose of the trip is to promote sustainable energy,transportation and lifesyle. We will be leaving Palo Alto on Earth day April 22nd. We have a blog that will document the trip. Please encourage your friends to watch our progress and tell their friends. Our blogsite is: http://thegreenriders.blogspot.com/

Thanks,
Dave Werkley
Very Cool Bikes
Auburn Ca.
davesignartist@yahoo.com
verycoolbikes.vpweb.com
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vhclbldr Posted - 05/09/2010 : 18:18:21
I am so glad that was made clear.
Now, I have to figure out how to make the solar panel for recharging the batteries configurable for an eastern directional run (into the sun) as opposed to a western one.. or just have it track the sun automatically! That's it!

I just wish there were more like me around Maryland.. I have checked some of the MARS club information, but I haven't tried contacting any members yet as I am more than a year (or possibly two) away from any long-distance excursions.

Jamieson
Builder of Tadpole Recumbent w/ Electric-assist
Bel Air, MD (USA)
mikes Posted - 04/20/2010 : 07:21:22
Plus the cumulative effect of the earth's rotation.
warren Posted - 04/20/2010 : 06:25:39
Prevailing winds!
vhclbldr Posted - 04/19/2010 : 21:12:20
I wonder about their return trip... will they be flying back, or renting a car? Hopefully, they will be riding back across the continent again.

If it were later in the year, my kids were older, and my recumbent/electric more complete and broken in, I would be tempted to join them either for the trip here to the east coast, or back across to the left coast.

Come to think of it, how come there are not a lot of East-to-West rides out there (or am I just missing them?)?

Jamieson
Builder of Tadpole Recumbent w/ Electric-assist
Bel Air, MD (USA)

www.recumbents.com © 2009 www.recumbents.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000